Today I officially blew up, -85% drawdown between Monday – Tuesday. (equity Curve Below) Continue reading “Self Destruction (again, Back dated December 18th, 2017)”
Some Risk Management Questions:
- Was the loss of money worth all the emotional pain and financial heartache?
- If you had the opportunity to do that trade or investment again, what would you do differently.
Tales of Losses
- What is the biggest loss you have personally taken in the market?
- What was your emotional experience during this event?
- What went through your head and heart during this event?
- Were you in emotional control or was your destructive ego in control?
- Was it worth it my dude?
- What did you learn from this experience? If nothing, Then this loss will probably repeat again in the future.
- What new disciplines have you now implemented when you invest or trade to protect yourself against losses
I always ask myself this question & if the answer is NO I don’t know fucking why… The question is ” was I 100% disciplined?” I’ve consistently not been disciplined, but why? What am I after? I think only I know the answer to that so maybe I should be honest with myself…. Right now I lack the discipline to remain consistently profitable & follow my plan…. my emotions are also out of control & I need to take over that & realize that trading is a long term game.
- I need to practice self discipline in every aspect of life which will hopefully translate to my trading.
- Take less trades, manage risk & focus on quality trade setups.
Just some thoughts
I’ve noticed my trading psychology is a huge factor to why I cannot keep profits. last week I spiraled into a 70% draw down & realized it…. The Sunday – Monday session were yet again my biggest losses. so, I’ve decided to cut Sunday trading out since there isn’t much structure to play off and also reduce the lots on phone trades. After going through this I started to manage my trades a little better by calculating my risk. Today I realized what caused my spiral into self destruction. I don’t like being wrong… its pretty stupid that I always say there is nothing wrong with being wrong even though I don’t like it at all…. “As long as you follow the plan you will be successful.”
Everyday after my trade session The first question I ask myself is if I followed my plan with 100% discipline!! I know that if I follow my plan with 100% discipline & manage my risk, then there should be no emotions attached to a single trade since I believe in the plan & its been back tested. End of day every system will have its losses or two based on market conditions, so its mainly about how the risk is managed.
In order to stop the spiraling & self destruction my best bet is to reduce the trades I open…. This way I can ultimately identify my risk often & also reduce chart time & urges that may arise because sometimes I may be in a trade that was not based on my plan or in a zone.
I’v lost thousands of dollars trading and have learned a lot… last week, October 31st, 2017 I’ve had my best week this year earning ≈ $2,000. Continue reading “My Journey with Risk Recently (Back dated Nov 10th, 2017)”